Global Telehealth Services enables users reliable remote access to telehealthcare services with their providers.
This product will be used by Veterans Health Administration (VHA) clinical staff to track biometric data and to communicate with the Veteran via secure messaging. We are trying to reduce the administrative burden of connecting Veteran Health Data from a wearable device to alert the clinician. Specifically for use with Veterans who have spinal cord injuries to allow for more patient autonomy. Before using this product, clinical staff have been manually copy/pasting information.
For SaaS products that do not contain VA owned data*, there is now an expedited process that does not require a traditional VA authority to operate (ATO). Criteria include the following:
- User owns a device (even if VA paid for the purchase of the device) such as a CPAP or glucometer that uses a SaaS product to share patient data (non VA data*).
- SaaS product has no direct connections or interfaces to VA systems or network.
- Users consent to share their data (which may include PII and PHI) directly with the SaaS provider.
- SaaS provider must have published terms and conditions for user consent.
- VA providers access data in a view-only mode, or with limited functionality per the user’s consent.
*According to Circular a130, anything that VA creates, collects, processes, maintains, disseminates, or disposes of by or for the federal government is considered federal information (VA data).
If VA employees would like to use or purchase this service, please submit a SaaS inquiry form to confirm your use case and get procurement approval.
VA providers may not enter any VA information into this product; it must adhere to no VA data standards mentioned above.
- Status: Approved
- Security Category: No VA Data
- Portfolio: Health Services
- Product Line: Provider and Telehealth
- FedRAMP Authorized: No
- Security Category:
VA Staff OnlySubmit a SaaS Inquiry