WebEx is a collaboration suite of tools designed for video and audio communication for the purpose of webinars, webcasting, and online learning. It allows for audio, video, text chat, file sharing, whiteboard, and other features.
WebEx is primarily used to host online meetings for VA users to collaborate on team projects. All features can be enabled. WebEx is not used to discuss Patients' access to care or Medical treatment. This solution is not used to share or discuss any VA senstive data (PII/PHI). No information (files or conversations) that passes through this solution is made public or has any impact to the VA or the Patient.
All staff can create an account when they need it. Below are two options for creating an account:
veteransaffairs.webex.com (Standard user platform)
- 26,000 concurrent sessions.
- PIV Single-Sign-On (SSO) integrated.
- PIV-D enabled on mobile GFE.
- CAG access with PIV reader.
- Auto account creation enabled.
vacare.webex.com (Emergency response platform)
- 500 concurrent sessions (adjustable as needed).
- Staff may work remotely with personally owned equipment.
- Non-PIV (Windows password).
- Can initiate calls to Veterans masking employee home phone number.
If VA employees would like to use or purchase this service, please submit a SaaS inquiry form to confirm your use case and get procurement approval.
- Status: Approved
- Security Category: Moderate
- Portfolio: Technology and Platform Services
- Product Line: IT Infrastructure Operations and Services
- FedRAMP Authorized: No
- Security Category:
VA Staff OnlySubmit a SaaS Inquiry